Makers' Gallery is an art gallery and event space on Vaasa Cultural Street, Kirkkopuistikko. We offer good space and an opportunity to see contemporary art in Vaasa. The gallery is open to all visual contemporary art genres, both known and new, from us and elsewhere.
Here you will find the necessary information about the gallery's premises and how to apply for exhibition times.
APPLY FOR EXHIBITION TIME
Send the application as a pdf file to pasi.kirkkopelto @ makersgallery.fi
The application must contain:
- CV and a brief description of yourself as an artist: goals and themes
- 5 images of the works and their details (name, year, technique, dimensions)
- If you have your own website, you're on Facebook or Instagram so you can also include a link to them.
Exhibition duration: 3 weeks
- hanging Sunday-Monday, opening ceremony on Tuesday.
Exhibition fee(Price includes VAT):
- solo exhibition 900€
- group (2+) 1000€.
- The price includes invitations (electronic and printed, if agreed) posters, newspaper and social media advertising, opening ceremonies.
- The primary method of suspension is suspension rails (line suspension and hooks). Attachment directly to the walls is also possible, ask.
- lighting skis and LED spots
- data/video projector (hardware as needed)
- sculpture trays (5pcs white, height 70cm, level 30x30cm, 1 pcs 1m, level 30x30cm – more available to order)
FROM THE EXHIBITION PROGRAMME
We at Makers' Gallery do not restrict art genres, we are all authors, that is why Makers'.
In designing the gallery's exhibition programme, the most important thing for us is to create a high-quality and open-minded whole of finnish and international artists' exhibitions. We would like to introduce both experienced and recognised factors and young people early in their careers.
Every year we arrange for one curator of our choice to choose an artist and carry out his exhibition together with the artist and us. We also collaborate with the Lapua Old Bang artist residency and organize an annual exhibition for one artist-in-residence in Vaasa.
We also organize various thematic exhibitions. In addition, it is clear that in a multicultural environment such as Vaasa, there must be a place for factors with an immigrant background. The aim is also, of course, to find and encourage new and independent artists from Ostrobothnia.